Join the movement to stop plastic pollution for good.
Join the global movement to #breakfreefromplastic by signing your name in support of the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act. This bold federal legislation was introduced by U.S. Senator Tom Udall (NM) and U.S. Representative Alan Lowenthal (CA-47) to tackle the plastic pollution crisis.
The Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act will:
- Require producers of packaging, containers, and food-service products to design, manage, and finance waste and recycling programs.
- Create a nationwide beverage container refund program.
- Ban certain single-use plastic products that are not recyclable.
- Ban single-use plastic carryout bags and place a fee on the distribution of remaining carryout bags.
- Establish minimum recycled content requirements for beverage containers, packaging, and food-service products.
- Spur massive investments in U.S. domestic recycling and composting infrastructure.
- Prohibit plastic waste from being shipped to developing countries.
- Protect state and local governments that enact more stringent standards.
- Place a temporary pause on new plastic facilities until EPA updates and creates important regulations on those facilities.
Take the pledge and do your part to protect our ocean, waterways, and wildlife from plastic pollution. Together we CAN make a difference.
Sign the pledge to break free from plastic here.
Tune in to our webinar on July 30 at 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Eastern/3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Pacific to participate in a dialogue about the plastic pollution crisis: how it impacts the ocean, people and how we - grassroots activists & concerned citizens - can be a powerful voice for change. Register here.